Visit Locust Grove in 2020
Locust Grove will be closed on Saturday, September 5 for the Kentucky Derby.
Locust Grove’s museum store and gallery are open Tuesday – Saturday 10:00am to 4:30pm
Self-Guided Tours of the Historic House are offered Thursday – Saturday 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm on the quarter-hour.
ADVANCE RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED! Buy tickets for the self-guided tour here.
Guided Grounds Tour Offered Thursday – Saturday at 11:00 am.
Purchase tickets for the grounds tour here.
$12 for adults
$10 for seniors
$6 for children 6-18 years
Gallery only: $6 | $3 children 6-18 years
Discounts for AAA members, please inquire. Group rates are offered for groups of 10 or more and must be scheduled in advance.
Locust Grove is closed to the public on Sundays and Mondays, for the month of January, and on Easter, Derby Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
A visit usually begins with the (optional) viewing of a 12-minute introductory film. The self-guided tour of the house and grounds is available Thursdays through Saturdays from 12:00 – 3:00 pm and is scheduled on the quarter-hour. A self-guided tour should be scheduled in advance online here.
How to Visit Locust Grove
- Reserve your tour time online!
- Face masks must be worn while in all Locust Grove buildings. If you do not have a face mask, knock before entering and a staff person will provide one to you.
- Please maintain a physical distance of at least six feet (or one GRC) between yourself and others at all times during your visit.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout your visit.
- We’ll have your name and tour reservation on a list—but you can bring your confirmation just in case.
- If you or a member of your party feel ill or have been ill in the past 24 hours with a temperature of 100+, please stay home! We are happy to reschedule your tour for a later date or refund your ticket.